Since its acceptance video games have adapted the fantasy of children as well as adults. The success of gaming is reflected in the fact that it is a multi billion dollar industry. And, games fascinate not just children but adults as well.
From time immemorial mankind has played games of all sorts – cowboys and Indians, the battle of the North versus South, hunting, war games, as well as sword fights, and wrestling. A taste for excitement and a touch of violence runs in our veins. What makes video games attractive is that they are full of action and three dimensional in nature. They can be played even alone, have fascinating graphics, and are fast paced.
While many articles focus on why gaming is evil or detrimental to health here we present 10 reasons to play video games!
1. Playing video games enhances the ability to think quickly as the game proceeds. The mind can make quick-fire decisions on the next strategy to be taken.
2. Many children who are avid players fare better in vision tests. Video games exercise the eyes.
3. Many games nurture logical skills. Gamers have to build cities or entity nations or plan wars such that they are won.
4. Video games sharpen thinking abilities and problem solving skills. Both these qualities are much appreciated and valued in our fast paced world.
5. You will be astonished to know that kids who play video games excel at school and in math. Playing games increases brain function.
6. Playing improvements co-ordination of hand movements and the ability to concentrate without getting disturbed. The games captivate the children and the kids can play with huge levels of focus blocking out all sounds and distances from the surroundings.
7. Since many games are based on facts kids learn a lot about pioneers, business planning, town architecture, communicating and more. Researchers feel that the three-dimensionality of the games makes history easy to learn.
8. Gaming improves social skills as kids Learn to play as a group with each performing different functions. Many games have role-playing incorporated and from a young age kids learn quickly from the heroes they choose to be.
9. Video games, research proves improvements hand-eye coordination as well as reflexes.
10. Creativity, imagination, and storytelling are all improved and children are able to comprehend the flow of a story as well as its bases. Video games ignite a spirit of adventure andaring in city kids who are otherwise living is a predictable environment.
Contrary to popular beliefs video games have their uses and can even be considered as a learning tool. They help the kids process information faster and to take decisions quickly. Many are able to use their talents to better the game design and strategy. Video game players became successful soldiers, surgeons, architects, software designers, scientists, and more. Games teach ethics, finance, governance, town planning, as well as social behavior. What one needs to do is to know the content of the games and regulate the number of hours played so that the benefits are returned and disadvantages are avoided.