There are two types of people that play games online for money. The first is the one that plays games in the hopes of "winning" cash & prizes. This person expects to win huge amounts of cash by playing simple arcade and puzzler online games. The second type is the game tester, which actually tests and plays online video games and gets paid no matter what happens. Which type of game player has it better? Find out below.
Group 1 – Paid To Play
– Can play to win awesome prizes and huge sums of cash.
– Can play virtually any type of online game and possibly win cash: action, puzzle, adventure, sports, racing, etc.
– Can play online games for money whenever he / she wants by visiting gaming / arcade websites.
– Not required to meet deadlines, send in bug / glitch reports, or complete tasks.
– High-end computer not required. As long as there is an internet connection, the player is good to go.
– Chances of winning large prizes or great amounts of cash are usually astronomical.
– Smaller amounts of earnings can not be collected because there is a minimum "payout" threshold that must be met.
– For the best opportunities of winning actual cash, the player must compete in tournaments with thousands or tens of thousands of others.
– Cash flow (in general) is extremely low. Most individuals that play games online for money in this manner often can not make more than a few hundred dollars per month; if even that.
Group 2 – Paid To Test & Play
– Get paid to play online video games, regardless of income; be it win or lose.
– Get paid to test never before seen video games.
– Get paid to play video games of any genre; action, sports, driving, racing, MMORPGs, etc.
– Keep the video games you're paid to test.
– Get paid on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
– Make more than $ 600 + per week testing games.
– Experienced game testers that play games online for money can make up of $ 50,000- $ 70,000 per year!
– Starting video game testers can find it hard to land high-paying testing jobs.
– Must meet deadlines set by developers.
– Must send in detailed bug / glitch reports on each game.
– Must have the equipment required to test the games: PC & internet connection, XBOX 360 & internet connection, PS3 & internet connection, Wii & internet connection etc.
– Must find developers to work for on a regular basis.
If you really want to play games online for money, those are your two basic options. You can either play & "hope" to win some money OR you can test video games and actually EARN some money. The choice is up to you!