You've just downloaded the latest release of Assassin's Creed 2 and your friends asked for a copy of it … But you are new to computers and do not know how to burn video games. How to please your friends without them knowing you're a newbie and being their gag sandbag? Well reading further on you will find out just how to do this fast and easy and I will let you in on some secret tips as well … but only if Santa assures me you've been a good boy :).
1. First you need to get a blank CD or DVD, depending on the size of the data you need to burn. Tip 1: Do not use scratched CDs or DVDs because the writing process has high chances to fail due to the surface quality of your disc. Also your data will not last as long over time, as when using a new blank disc.
2. Second, get a software program that will allow you to burn CDs and DVDs, like Nero and then insert your disc into the burner. Tip 2: make sure you have a rather new burner which will not pose the threat of damaging your disc, or worse destroy it, so rendering your burning unit useless as well.
3. Open your desired burning software (in this article I will be offering guidelines which are Nero specific).
4. Open Nero Burning Rom. Select from the upper left side the type of disc you will be using and then click New.
5. Now you will be presented with a new window. Too add your files, just go to Edit and then go down to Add files. You can do this simply by pressing Control + D or you can use drag and drop thus simplifying the process even further.
6. After you've selected your desired files which you will be burning, just go under the Window menu, and underneath it at its right, you will see the pictogram of a disc with a burning match. Click that.
7. The window you will be presented with will have many options you can choose from when burning your disc. You can set the writing speed, writing method, number of copies. Other option boxes will be displayed for more settings you can make, like choosing a label for your disc and other options regarding ISO files.
Tip 3: Do not use high burning speeches for your data will not be written very stable on the disc so you will be able to use it only a few times and after that, you will be receiving reading errors.
8. After handling those options, you can click Burn so that the burning process will begin. Depending on burning hardware you are likely to have, the speed which you have chosen for the burning process and the size of the data that needs to be written, the process can take up to a maximum of 30 minutes.
9. After the process has been completed, you will be prompted to click on the dialog box which will announce you the process has completed successfully. Then, to have your disc ejected, click Done on the bottom right corner of the window. If you decide to close Nero, you will be prompted if you want to save your compilation or not.
10. Congratulations! You've just learned how to burn video games fast and easy! Now you will not have to feel ashamed or act embarrassed when your friends will be asking you to deliver them that copy of that game or movie you all have been waiting for!