5. Super Mario Galaxy was a breath of fresh air to gamers that were put off by Mario Sunshine. Mario Galaxy's gameplay is very similar to Super Mario 64 but with a gravity factor. Depending on where you jump or run gravity may pull Mario in different directions which is a very exciting part of the gameplay. It is definitely one of the Wii's best games.
4. Super Mario Bros. brought 2D side scrolling to gaming consoles when it came out in the mid 80s for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The controls were unheard of for its time because of precise you could move mario. Its secrets and gameplay are legendary because the warp zone may be the most known gaming secret and speed runs are often done for this game.
3. Super Mario 64 is pretty much the first full on 3D game ever developed. It was released for the Nintendo 64 in 1996 and just the fact of that is just an amazing accomplishment for its time. It was a template used by many other games, specifically platformers. It was the same Mario gameplay but from a great new perspective. It is one of the best Mario games and best overall games ever created. Classics like Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 emulated Mario 64's gameplay.
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 pretty much took what the first Super Mario Bros. did and expanded everything about it. The gameplay, graphics, enemies, level design were all incremented dramatically. It is a timeless classic and no matter how many times you play and beat it you can never get tired of it.
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 Like Mario Bros. 3 Did to Mario Bros. 1, Mario Galaxy 2 took everything Mario Galaxy 1 did and expanded them to all new heights. Mario Galaxy 2 is the definition of a FUN game. The gameplay switches back and forth between 2D and 3D and still uses the gravity factor. The challenged is upped as well where most casual gamers will never get through the entire game. Which by the way is 242 stars long! This is not only the best Wii game but, in my opinion, the best Mario game.