2013 looks set to become one of the largest year in gaming history with some big name titles already announced for the first half of the year. Below is a list of some of the best upcoming games of 2013:
1. The Last of Us: Naughty Dog's The Last of Us is the most discussed and talked about title for PS3 owners. Set in post apocalyptic world, story in The Last of Us revolves around Joel and Ellie, who are forced by circumstances to work together in order to survive, as they search across America for other survivors. The game boasts amazing visuals along with a deep and intriguing plot, making it a must buy game for any fan of the genera.
2. Gears of War Judgment: Gears of war Judgment is the next entry in the mega popular franchise and will be a prequel to the original Gears trilogy. Senior producer of the game, Alan Van Slyke, has promised that the game will offer a more intense experience with new enemy types. Judgment will feature Smart Spawn System (S3), which ensures that every time the players visit a new location they encounter a different type of enemy, so adding replayability. Multiplayer has also been beefed up with new game types like overrun and free for all. With all the additions to single player campaign and multiplayer, it looks like this will be the best games of 2013.
3. Tomb Raider: Tomb Raiders reboot is definitely one of the games to keep an eye out next year. The game nicely blends open exploration and puzzle solving of the previous games in the series with adrenaline pumping cinematic action, which has made the uncharted games so popular. The reboot explores the origins of Lara Croft and tells the story of how she became an accomplished adventurer. Developers have made many new and interesting changes to the game, such as the addition of RPG elements and new revamped combat system which significantly improves the core gameplay. With all the improvements and additions, Tomb Raider certainly looks set to wow the gamers in 2013.
4. Devil May Cry: This entry is my personal favorite as it will hail the reboot (some are claiming it to be a prequel) of the game that defined the hack and slash genre. The half human half demon protagonist of the game, Dante, makes a comeback sporting a new look. With new developers (Ninja Theory) at the helm of this legendary series, it remains to be seen if the legion of fans will accept this radical change in the persona of their favorite character or out rightly reject it. A few trailers have been released which depict the same adrenaline pumping action frenzy, the series is known for.
5. God Of War: Ascension: Last but certainly not least on this list of best upcoming games is Sony's juggernaut. This installment is intended to have vengeance as its inherent theme, as the protagonist Kratos attempts to distance himself from the mythical god Ares. But, things are not that simple when divine creatures from mount Olympus are involved! The game will feature a revamped single player campaign, and according to an official Sony statement, the gamers can expect "fluid, life-like characters, dynamic lighting effects, and world-changing scenarios". The game is scheduled for release on March 12, 2013 and a day later in Europe and the rest of the world.
Other Worthy mentions in my list of best upcoming games of 2013:
Dead Space 3
• Crysis 3
• Bioshock Infinite
• Grand Theft Auto V
• Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots
• The Walking Dead (2013 Video Game)
• Command & Conquer: Generals 2